Tuesday, April 23, 2013

T is for TLC

TLC is a group that formed in the 90's.  It was a group made up of three women, T-Boz, Left Eye, and Chili... TLC

 Their R and B sound was a staple to my everyday teenage life, I absolutely loved them back when I was younger.   I decided to choose TLC for my T representative because I am feeling nostalgic. I think it's about time to revive some of the awesome music that came out of the 90's and 80's  and bring it back to the masses.

I also chose TLC because I love the messages of some of their songs.   From Unpretty, to Waterfalls  TLC's songs made strong statements that reached out to millions. 

Unfortunately TLC lost the L of their name when Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez passed away from a car crash after she went on to try to pursue a solo career which was never successful... 

Despite the loss of Left Eye, TLC will always be an inspirational group in my eyes!

My favorite song by TLC is  . . .  Red Light Special


My least favorite song by TLC is  . . . Creep


There are two  songs that really inspire me by TLC... The first is Waterfalls,  the song is about a few things such as Aids,and teens choosing street life which leads to their death.  I love the message of the song and the relaxing beat it has.

The other song that really inspires me is Unpretty.    I love song's that uplift you and make you feel good about yourself.  This song does just that. I know I personally go through the unpretty thought process, where someone says something small to me about my appearance and weight and it ends up eating at me and making me feel worse about myself.  You can do all sorts of things that alter your appearance to make sure you fit in with everyone around you. But why would you want to.  Every person is unique and that makes them very special.  No matter what you buy to fix yourself, unless you love the person you are both inside and outside you will never fully feel beautiful.

DON'T LET ANYONE . . . tell you are not beautiful or handsome!  Because everyone in this world is beautiful and handsome in their own ways.  




1 comment:

  1. Waterfalls was a good song...that's the only one I really remember.

    It was sad that Lopez died so young.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Autopsy