Saturday, April 20, 2013

R is for . . . Rascal Flatts

Yes astonishing isn't it?  I am putting a Country artist on my blog!  I have very eclectic taste when it comes to music.   I don't like to label myself as liking only one kind of music, there are many songs from all different genres that I absolutely love.   Rascal Flatts is one of those bands that can connect with everyone, I like the fact that they have country songs, and what I call crossover country which influences a larger audience.

I use to hate country music, this was when I was younger and I thought all country music was, "My wife left me, my dog died and all I have is my guitar,"  kind of music.  But then I heard a song by Shania Twain and another by Faith Hill that I connected with.   Rascall Flatts has many songs that I love.   And I find they are a great representation for the letter R.

My favorite song by Rascall Flatts is  . . . Summer Nights and What Hurts the Most.  
I like both these songs because one reflects the playful side of Rascal Flatts, and the other the sensitive and intimate side.   You can't help but sing along with their music, tap your feet, or want to pick up a guitar and learn how to play.

 

  

My least favorite song by Rascal Flatts is  . . . Banjo.   Which isn't saying much because I like this song but it isn't my favorite.


 

The song that inspires me by Rascall Flatts is Bless the Broken Road.  
 This song is magical I am mesmerized by the love story behind this song. How every wrong turn, lost dream, mess up from the past can lead you to the right person for your life.  It's like that saying that you have to kiss a bunch of frogs to find your prince.  
 


2 comments:

  1. What?

    A country band?

    I want my money back!

    I have a collection of more than 17,000 CD's and think I have less than 50 titles that are country...although many more of the southern rock and roots titles straddle the line.

    Not a genre I've gotten into...the twang in the guitars does not sit well with me.

    In fact, I just listened to sound samples on the newest Emmylou Harris release (got great reviews), but simple too much guitar twang.

    Oh well...whatcha gonna do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know I know. I like some country but not all of it. I am more of a crossover country fan than anything. But you gotta reach out to the masses!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Autopsy