Monday, April 8, 2013

G is for Guilty Pleasure . . . George Michael

Okay, so I had my pick of G band/people/groups. So it was extremely hard to pick just one. I thought about Greenday with their nostalgic punk sound gripping the airwaves since the 90's, how their music has gone from the upbeat Basket Case to the cool smooth sound of 21 Guns.  Their growth musically has changed completely since the 90's so much so that their music produced a whole Broadway show representing their Rock Opera American Idiot.

But then I started thinking about the Goo Goo Dolls with their hit songs such as Name and Iris  and how their music is always playing on my computer when I write because of it seems to get my creative juices running.  They would have been a great band to feature for G, but upon looking through my previous entries I thought about going completely different and doing a country artist, Garth Brooks,and featuring my favorite song Thunder Rolls.  This is how my mind wandered as I searched for the perfect G representation.

But for some reason a recent Glee Episode about musical guilty pleasures was stuck in my head. And I realized their are a lot of guilty pleasures in my musical library that I wouldn't normally discuss. Which brings me to George Michael.  In the 80's, (and yes I am old enough to remember)  George Michael was topping the charts with his hits such as,  I Want your Sex, Freedom 90, and Faith.    I even loved him when he fronted the band Wham!  Wake me up has to be one of my all time favorite songs.  So with this little Guilty Pleasure in mind I decided to write the G blog on George Michael.

My favorite George Micheal song is . . .  Faith



My least Favorite song by George Michael is  . . .  Father Figure.    I think the lyrics of the song creep me out because the last thing I want in a potential lover is someone who reminds me of my Dad.


The song that inspires me creatively by George Michael is One More Try.  But, more so, it inspires my inner romanticism.  Nothing inspires romantic love scenes more than the right music, setting the mood in the background.  And this song puts that kind of imagery in my head.



And for some added flare here is a little Wham!  To wake you up before you go go!


Gotta Love a Man who isn't afraid to wear pink and short shorts!

1 comment:

  1. Spot on with this write-up, I seriously feel this site
    needs a great deal more attention. I'll probably be back again to read more, thanks for the information!

    Here is my site Calculate Bmr

    ReplyDelete

Blog Autopsy