Monday, April 16, 2012

Kryptonite 4 days late!!!! SORRY!!!!!

So everyone in this world has some form of Kryptonite.   That one thing that holds them back from being the best they can be.  Even Superman had his Kryptonite that crippled him into a shaking mess of useless hero.  So how does one overcome Kryptonite?  Do you shatter it into a million pieces?  Do you ignore it and hope that you can get through your day?   Or do you face it head on and overcome it?  I pick the latter.

My Kryptonite is Procrastination.  As you can see from the K blog being a whole 4 days late. . . .  not that I had a choice in the matter, I have one of my best friends, Kate, visiting from Nevada and we've been so busy catching up that being able to work on the A-Z challenge was not probable.   Hopefully I can make up for it.

Procrastination is always crippling me.  There is always something to do instead... more time later to do it.. . and before I know it--BAM!  The time has gone and the deadline passed.  Sometimes I work extra hard to get things done early.  Housework, Homework (when I was in school), trying to overcome my procrastination Kryptonite.   On those days it couldn't decimate me, in fact I overcame procrastination so early on that it didn't even have a chance to taunt me either.   But I find as the kids grow older, as I get older,  the ability to overcome procrastination seems harder than usual.   My only option... stay on top of it, and unlike Superman I wont cower to the floor overcome by my Kryptonite's awesome power over me. It will crumble and fade away.


WHAT'S FOR DINNER:  I think it was Steak, Baked Potato, Corn on the cob (to celebrate my friends arrival)

KID QUOTE OF THE DAY:  (My kids having a conversation in the back about Long Horn Bulls)

My son:  It's a Unicorn
My Daughter: Unicorns have one horn not two
My son:  It's a Notacorn then.
My Daughter:  Yup its a Notacorn


SONG OF THE DAY:
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Autopsy