Tuesday, April 15, 2014

N is for Not Another Teen Movie, Ned's Declassified, Nebula, Nelson, NSYNC

Movie:

It is only fitting that the spoof of almost every teen movie ever made be the representative for the letter N. Not Another Teen Movie is a spoof film that makes fun of classic teen movies such as She's All That, Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, 10 Things I Hate About You, Bring It On, Varsity Blues, American Pie  and so much more! The movie is meant to be stupid, that's what spoof movies are, but for the simple fact that it touches on so many of my favorite films I really enjoy watching it!  Basic story line, girl dumps boy . . . boy wants revenge . . . boy meets unpopular girl . . . boy gets dared to make unpopular girl over for prom queen . . . unpopular girl gets makeover  . . . girl who dumps boy wants boy back . . . unpopular girl gets dumped . . . boy realizes he loves unpopular girl . . . happy ending led/misled by none other than Molly Ringwald! Yes I did say Molly Ringwald!  I love Not Another Teen Movie. Not as much as I love the originals, but I still love it and laugh my butt off it every time I watch it!

Television:

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide was a cute little show that played on Nickelodeon. It
follows Ned and his two friends Mose and Simon also called Cookie as they go through middle school and try to survive.  The show has Ned the narrator pause throughout the show to give rules to whomever is watching about what they should do to get through middle school.  Sometimes it was about bullies, sometimes it was about bad hair days or love, NDSSG touched on almost every subject.  The show was goofy, but the kids were not really believable.  It's a great show for younger kids but as an adult it really doesn't keep you interested.  But hey I needed a N show... and NDSSG fit!  So there you go!  My favorite character was Mose though, she tough and pretty and knows nothing about love or boys. I really hated Simon's character, I think he over acts and is extremely irritating.  Ned could sometimes be annoying as well.



  

Book:

So how about an unknown, but upcoming book for N.  At first I wasn't sure what book to do for N, but then I was on Goodreads and entered a bunch of giveaways in the YA genre.  I WON ONE! A autographed copy none the less. So in anticipation for the upcoming book I will be receiving I decided to make my N book about it.  Nebula (The Nebula Trilogy, Book one) is a book written by L.A. Sees.  I am looking forward in reading it because it sounds so fascinating and the reviews are awesome, all five stars! This is the synopsis as posted on Goodreads -  Ree Lindbergh’s dream since she was a little girl is a simple one: to one day travel to Earth. Instead, she’s stuck aboard the Omega Centauri, a spacecraft used to patrol the borders of the Milky Way. Having spent her entire seventeen-year existence on board, Ree is a bit restless. But her mission is important: help keep Earth’s newly discovered alien species, the Bufoanthroid, under control.By day, Ree enjoys spending time with her best friend, Zac Walker. But when night falls, she is continually tormented by memories of her mother, killed by a Bufoanthroid the day Ree was born.Her world is turned upside down once again when Zac’s ship disappears. Determined to rescue him, Ree embarks on a frantic mission to save him. As events unravel and secrets are revealed, Ree soon realizes that achieving her dreams will mean facing the truth behind her nightmares. The book sounds really interesting and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. I hope to be able to do the same with my book some day and do a giveaway as well!  I will let you know how the book ends up being!

My Book:

No YA book would be the same without the friend/nerdy guy who has a crush on the main character but always seems to be that nice guy who finishes last.  Well I would like you to meet Nelson!  Nelson Anderson is Genevieve's friend and competitor for everything academic.  Nelson Anderson is one of my favorite characters.  He is witty, cute (in that geeky sort of way) and absolutely adores Genevieve for everything she is. He would not change one thing about her.  Nelson is described in my book as an intellectual George Clooney, mixed with a handsome Harry Potter. He also starts growing a goatee on his chin his senior year which makes him more attractive to the opposite sex. One thing I find really unique about Nelson, and is something that should be opposite of his character, is that he can sing, not just sing but really sing. His cutest scene is when he asks Genevieve to go with him to prom.  SQUEAL! I love Nelson, I think he is the right kind of guy for Genevieve but she can't seem to see past the friendship they both share.  Maybe they will work out in the end.  Guess you will just have to read my book to to find out!

What's For Dinner: Tacos

Song of the Day:


NSYNC - God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You



2 comments:

  1. A really interesting post. Thank you so much, nice to follow and connect through atozchallenge.
    http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days I really need to watch Not Another Teen Movie. Great post! If you have time, and want to, you can check out my N post.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Autopsy