Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Self Enlightenment on the Path to Greatness

  1-4-11

     A person often wonders if they are good enough to achieve greatness.  The act of accomplishing your goals and feeling the slight sense of self worth afterward can be completely foreign if you are not use to having good things happen to you. Today I felt that insecurity overtaking me.  For years my love of writing has been put on the back-burner so that I could live in the reality of  a normal life and earn the poor-mans dollar. My biggest achievement will always be a loving and wife and mother to the family I have built;  but as I get older I begin to wonder what else am I worth?  What have I accomplished for myself that puts me on my own path to greatness?  It is these questions that have led me on my journey back to the art of writing and he road to my own self enlightenment.

What is my first step towards self enlightenment you ask besides working on finishing my novel?

Well the first step is sucking in my breath looking in the mirror and telling myself . . .get off your a**  and put yourself out there and so that is exactly what I did.

Today I decided to try my hand at writing a short story and enter it in the WOW contest.  While I may not have spent my time writing on my novel today.  I did enjoy letting my creative juices flow while writing my submission.  Once I have sent it in I will post it on here for viewing.  But for now it feels good to put myself out there and breath after wading out into the water and taking a step towards my dreams of becoming a published author.


WHATS FOR DINNER TONIGHT:  Spaghetti made with ground turkey!

KID QUOTE OF THE DAY:  Today it comes from my son who is 2 mind you.  Picture a small little boy jumping down the hallway on all fours pretending he is frog.  So as my son would say BIBBIT BIBBIT everyone!

SONG OF THE DAY: 

I chose this song today because 
  1. I love the song
  2. If you listen closely to the words it is a perfect fit for my blog today!
Enjoy and goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Autopsy