Monday, January 10, 2011




1-10-11

Inspiration:

Apennine by Giambologna~ Image copyrighted by David Lyons Photography
What does it mean to be inspired.  Inspiration is defined as a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation.  (MirriamWebsterDictionary) I have heard people say that life is uninspiring that its dull and drab.  But Inspiration is everywhere as long as you take the time to stop and look for it.  I find that Inspiration is something that can come at anytime, it doesn't care whether your driving in a car, listening to music that touches your soul, or looking at a statue that speaks to your inner creativity.  I remember the first time I really felt "inspired",  I was sitting in a class I hated Intro to graphic design.  It wasn't that I hated the graphic design class itself. I hated the class because the teacher was heinously evil, at least she was in my mind.  I was flipping through our book looking at each picture and then I saw it . . . A statue made out of rock carved into a mountain side with a pond and flowers at its feet.  I fell in love with it imagining being in Tuscany staring up at the mysterious man carved into the rock and feeling creative, inspired, alive again.  I don't know how many times i flipped back to that picture but it was because of the picture I was able to go back and draw again.  The statue is called Apennine by Giambologna,  it is located in Tuscany, Italy and resides in Demidoff Park.  (Picture Above)  Every time I look at this statue and picture inspiration swirls around me.  What inspires you?  Do you have a song, a picture, something that gets your creative juices going?   Today I entered the WOW winter fast fiction contest. After editing provided by my mother (retired English teacher.) I sent in my submission shaky and weary of what is to come.   My story I will post in a future blog after the contest is over.  But I started to think about what inspired me to write the story for the contest and I realized I got my inspiration from a song which is also the song of the day Nickleback's Savin Me.
As you can see I draw my inspiration from everything and hope that soon more people will do the same because without inspiration we would all be drones in a sea of familiarity and structure lacking the special uniqueness society has to keep for everyone to be individually free.

What's Dinner Tonight:   Pork Chops, Special Potatoes and Veggies

Kid Quote of the Day:  

Daughter: Look mom I am magical
Grocery store door opens automatically
Me:  Wow you are Magical
Daughter:  Yup I'm very very magical watch Door Open now
Second passes by  then door opens


Song of the Day: Nickleback - Savin Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Autopsy