Saturday, September 22, 2012

Achievement

So the keys have been typed . . .  the hours have passed by . . . and after ten long months of working I finally, FINALLY, finished writing a book from start to finish.  

Some of you personally know me; and if you do then you probably know that my biggest problem with writing is actually finishing my stories.   Here is how it usually works . . .  I get an idea I start writing my story and then I get another idea  which leads me to drop my previous story and start a new one.   This time was different.  I began my story in November during the Nanowrimo challenge, determined to start a book and finish it.   For those of you unfamiliar with the Nanowrimo challenge, let me fill you in.  November is National Writing month, the goal to start a book on November first and get 50,000 words written by midnight on November 30th,  50,000 words, 30 days should equal a finished or nearly finished literary masterpiece!   So finished the challenge!  If you don't believe me check out the proof!  Yeah it's just a couple pixels but for me an achievement I never thought I would reach.  

So now that my work has been completed, I've decided to take my blog in a different direction.   I want to make it about the journey.  Take my readers with me, as I trek down the road and follow my dream of becoming a published author.   Now I may not post very often, but I do think it's important to show other writer's what exactly they will experience if they attempt to get a book published.   I want to walk you through the art of query writing,  I will show my rejection letters, (removing names of course)  and maybe someday I will even get a chance to show you a letter of acceptance!  That is the goal right?  A published book sitting on shelves awaiting for someone to pick up the pages and immerse themselves in my story and identify with my characters.

Right now my book is going through the editing phase, I have enlisted the help of a person who is frantically correcting my grammatical errors and giving me feedback so I can get my story polished enough to send to publishers. (My mother, a retired English teacher)   TRUST ME, grammar and punctuation do not mix well with me.   It's like a potion mixed with ingredients that when combined explode!  Except my explosion is a jumbled mess of letters and words. (Ha, come to think of it, if you actually read my blog then you know how true this statement is!  I do not edit my blog posts, mainly because I don't have the time.)

I hope some of you will stay interested in my blog.  I hope that I can keep it compelling enough to bring you back here anytime I post! And thank you to everyone who has joined to follow my blog.   This will be quite a journey and I am glad I have somewhere to share it!


What's For Dinner :  Sticks of fish!

Song of the Day:

Sum 41 - With me




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Autopsy